The week of 6-10 June has been devoted to attending an important conference in Melbourne: the Australian Childhood Foundation “Prosody” Trauma Conference. Speakers have included the flowing illuminates of the trauma field:
- Emeritus Professor Judy Atkinson is a Jiman – Aboriginal Australian (from Central west Queensland) / Bundjalung (Northern New South Wales) woman, who also has Anglo-Celtic, and German heritage and works in trauma and Indigenous methods of healing.
- Dr Dan Siegel is currently clinical professor of psychiatry at the UCLA School of Medicine where he is on the faculty of the Centre for Culture, Brain, and Development and the Co-Director of the Mindful Awareness Research Centre (Los Angeles, USA).
- Vittorio Gallese is Professor of Human Physiology at the University of Parma, Italy with appointments in the departments of neuroscience, psychiatry and psychology. He is an expert in neurophysiology, neuroscience, social neuroscience, and philosophy of mind. He is one of the discoverers of mirror neurons.
- Jonathan Baylin – Dr. Baylin received his doctorate in clinical psychology from Peabody College of Vanderbilt University in 1981. He has been working in the mental health field for 35 years.
- Dr Dan Hughes has been a psychologist specializing in the treatment of children and youth with severe emotional and behavioural problems. His work has focused on children and youth who experienced developmental trauma and attachment disorganization along with their foster and adoptive families.
- Pat Ogden Ph.D., is a pioneer in somatic psychology and the founder/director of the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy® Institute in Colorado (USA), an internationally recognized school specializing in somatic–cognitive approaches for the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder and attachment disturbances.
And more! Amazing Conference, next on in 2018. The main message from all of the mega-brains sharing research and wisdom? We are all connected, and working through relationship is the way to recover from trauma.
Yes! The HEAL therapists are right on track!